Refer a friend
Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- The Refer a Friend Scheme (“RAFS”) is open to existing Tesco Bank customers (“Referrer”) who use the RAFS to refer their friend(s) (“Referred Friend”) to Tesco Bank.
- If both the Referrer and Referred Friend register for the RAFS by 10th July 2018 and the Referred Friend completes a Qualifying Referral (a Qualifying Referral is a referral that complies with these terms and conditions) (“Qualifying Referral”) within 12 (twelve) months of Referred Friends registration, Tesco Bank will give the Referrer and the Referred Friend their choice of reward (“Promotional Reward”); either a £20 (twenty pounds sterling) Tesco eGift Card, or add 2,000 (two thousand) Tesco Clubcard points to the Clubcard number advised. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Referred Friend doesn’t make a purchase within 12 months of their registration, neither the Referrer nor the Referred Friend will be eligible for any reward
- If either the Referrer or Referred Friend register for the RAFS from the 10th July 2018 and the Referred Friend completes a Qualifying Referral within 12 (twelve) months of their registration, Tesco Bank will give the Referrer and the Referred Friend their choice of reward (“Standard Reward”); either a £10 (ten pounds sterling) Tesco eGift Card, or add 1,000 (one thousand) Tesco Clubcard points to the Clubcard number advised.
- To be eligible for either the Promotional Reward or the Standard Reward (“Reward”/ “Rewards”), the Referrer and Referred Friend must follow these RAFS terms and conditions.
- The RAFS and the rewards process are administered by our agents Optimise Media (UK) Limited (“Optimise”), on behalf of Tesco Bank. By agreeing to the terms and conditions of the RAFS, the Referrer and Referred Friend agree to have their data (full name, email address, and Clubcard number (if Clubcard points are selected as a Reward)) captured by Optimise and shared with Tesco Bank.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions of the RAFS, the Referrer and Referred Friend agree to be contacted about the RAFS by Optimise on behalf of Tesco Bank using the email addresses provided, for the purpose of fulfilling the reward. For the avoidance of doubt, the Referrers or Referred Friends’ existing Tesco Bank marketing preferences will not be affected by their participation in the RAFS.
In order to participate in the RAFS and be eligible for a Reward, the following steps and criteria must be met by both parties:
- Must be an existing Tesco Bank customer.
- Must register for the RAFS using the online form which can be found by clicking on promotional ‘refer a friend’ emails or links on the Tesco Bank website, or by following this link: www.refer.tescobank.com.
- Must opt in to receiving communications related to the RAFS, and provide their first name, last name, email address and (if Clubcard points are selected as Reward) Clubcard number.
- Agrees to their name being shared with the Referred Friend, so that they know who has referred them.
- Will be allocated a unique ‘refer a friend’ link once registered for the RAFS, e.g. www.refer.tescobank.com/Xyhe563c which can be shared with Referred Friend(s).
- Must have the Referred Friend’s permission before authorising an email to be sent on their behalf. Only communications related to the RAFS will be sent to the Referred Friend.
- Must have the Referred Friend’s permission before sharing their unique RAFS link directly with them through electronic communications.
- May make unlimited referrals, but will be limited to receive payment of 6 (six) Rewards in a calendar year (calendar year means January to December) (“Calendar Year”). Following the first 6 (six) Qualifying Referrals, any further referrals made within the same Calendar Year will result in only the Referred Friend receiving a Reward. Referrer will become eligible for further Rewards in the following Calendar Year for any Qualifying Referral made in accordance with the RAFS terms and conditions.
- May participate in the RAFS as an existing Tesco Bank customer.
- Must click on the unique RAFS link provided to them by the Referrer, which is personal to the Referrer e.g. www.refer.tescobank.com/Xyhe563c. Clicking on the unique link will take Referred Friend to the Tesco Bank RAFS website (Please note the link will open in a new window).
- Must register for the RAFS and provide their first name, last name, email address, and Clubcard number (if the reward is selected in Clubcard points).
- Must agree to receive communications related to the RAFS.
Must purchase one of the following eligible products through the Tesco Bank Website using the unique RAFS link sent from the Referrer:
A new Tesco Bank Credit Card
A new Tesco Bank Car Insurance policy
A new Tesco Bank Home Insurance combined buildings and contents policy
A new Tesco Bank Pet Insurance Premier, Extra, or Standard Cover policy
Please note: Existing insurance policies being renewed will not be considered eligible products. Terms and conditions for these products can be found on our website, www.tescobank.com
Tesco Bank Car and Home Insurance are arranged and administered by Tesco Personal Finance Plc (trading as Tesco Bank) and are underwritten by a select range of insurers, please refer to our website for specific details of our range of insurers. Tesco Bank Pet Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc. VetfoneTM is provided by Vetsdirect Ltd.
- Must, within 12 (twelve) months of registration, complete the purchase of an above eligible Tesco Bank product to qualify for a Reward.
- Will be limited to receive payment of 6 (six) Rewards in a Calendar Year.
- May once they have become a Tesco Bank customer, continue to participate in the RAFS as a Referrer by registering for the RAFS to request their own referral link, using the online form which can be found by clicking on promotion ‘refer a friend’ emails or links on the Tesco Bank website and sharing.
- For the eligible application to be tracked, the Referred Friend must click through to the Tesco Bank homepage from the unique RAFS link that the Referrer has shared with them and purchase an eligible product. This link can be found on the completed RAFS registration page, in the registration confirmation email, or from the ‘remind me later’ email. All transactions must be completed online.
- To enable Optimise to track Referred Friend’s purchase, Referred Friend must ensure their browser accepts cookies.
- Retrieved insurance quotations generated before the Referred Friend clicks the RAFS link are not eligible for any reward.
A Qualifying Referral is completed when a application has been tracked and validated as described below.
Referrer and Referred Friend will receive an email notification from Optimise (on behalf of Tesco Bank) confirming that Referred Friend’s application has been tracked upon completion of an application for an eligible product.
Referrer and Referred Friend will receive a further email notification from Optimise (on behalf of Tesco Bank) (‘Reward Selection Email’) confirming that Referred Friend’s application has been validated upon either:
- Referred Friend’s credit card application being accepted, activated by you and not cancelled for at least 30 (thirty) days from the point of being activated; or
- Referred Friend’s eligible insurance policy being accepted and not cancelled for at least 30 (thirty) days from the commencement of the policy.
On completion of a Qualifying Referral as explained above, both the Referrer and the Referred Friend will be prompted by Reward Selection Email to select their Reward preference of either of Tesco eGift Card, or Clubcard points.
- The Referrer and Referred Friend will have 6 (six) months from the date that the Reward Selection Email is sent to claim their Reward. After 6 (six) months the Reward will no longer be redeemable.
If the Reward is selected in Clubcard points the following shall apply:
- Referrer / Referred Friend must provide a valid Clubcard number in their name. If an invalid Clubcard number is provided, Clubcard points will not be re-issued.
- Clubcard points will be awarded following reward selection. Clubcard points will appear on the Referrer / Referred Friends next issued Clubcard statement which is generated at least 30 days (thirty) after the reward selection.
If the Reward is selected as eGift Card the following shall apply:
- Referrer / Referred Friend will be sent an email containing a link to the eGift Card, which can take up to 2 (two) working days following the reward selection.
- Expiration, terms and conditions and exclusions relating to the eGift Card will be made clear in the email. See www.giftcards.tesco.com for terms and conditions.
- Rewards are non-transferrable, Rewards will not be re-issued, Rewards cannot be carried forward, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Please note – Tracking and Reward Selection Emails may be blocked by your email provider. Please check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive a Reward as expected.
- Following the 10th July 2018, the value of the Standard Reward may be subject to change at any time, without notice. Changes to the value of the Standard Reward will only affect Referrers and Referred Friends who both register after the value of the Standard Reward is changed. The eGift Card and Clubcard points may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Please note the expiry date will be stated on the eGift Card unless there is no expiry.
- Recipients of the eGift Card and Clubcard points agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by them, and that all third party terms and conditions relating to the eGift Card and Clubcard points are beyond Tesco Bank’s control.
- Promoter is: Tesco Personal Finance plc is registered in Scotland, no. SC173199. Registered office: 2 South Gyle, Edinburgh EH12 9FQ, trading as Tesco Bank (“Tesco Bank”). The Promoter takes no responsibility for referrals or applications delayed, incomplete, rejected or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise. The time of application will, in each case, be the time the online application is received by the Promoter’s database.
- This promotion and the rewards process are administered by our agents Optimise Media (UK) Limited. Queries related to the reward should be directed to the Optimise rewards customer services team using this enquiry form: www.refer.tescobank.com/enquiry
- Please do not contact the Tesco Bank customer services team as they will be unable to assist you with regards to your reward.
- Tesco Bank reserve the right to withdraw the RAFS at any time without letting you know. However, friends referred prior to withdrawal will still be eligible to take part subject to compliance with the RAFS terms and conditions.
- Tesco Bank Pet Insurance Accident & Injury Cover, Tesco Bank Box Insurance and Tesco Bank Home Insurance Contents only or Buildings only are all excluded from the RAFS.
- The RAFS may not be used in conjunction with any other optional Tesco Bank offers, vouchers, discount codes, or cashback (“Additional Offers”). If the Referred Friend takes advantage of any other Additional Offers on a purchase that originated from a RAFS link, neither the Referred Friend nor the Referrer will receive a RAFS Reward.
- There is no limit to the number of friends the Referrer may refer to using RAFS however, the Referrer and Referred Friend will only be eligible to receive payment of either 6 (six) Rewards in a Calendar Year, subject to compliance with the RAFS terms and conditions.
- Where more than one person is named as a policyholder or account holder, any of the named persons are eligible, as an existing Tesco Bank customer, to refer a friend and will be eligible to receive a reward which may be due. Joint accounts only qualify for one payment per account. This means if the Referred Friend purchases an eligible policy in joint names (where possible) only one payment of the offer amount will be made to the Referrer and the Referred Friend. For the avoidance of doubt, you cannot refer yourself.
- Referrals not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be considered eligible for Rewards.
- Please note this programme is being monitored. Tesco Bank reserve the right to suspend or cancel transactions suspected of being fraudulent and such customers may have their details passed to relevant authorities for further investigation.
- The Tesco Clubcard Scheme is administered by Tesco Stores Limited, Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA, who are responsible for fulfilling points.
- Tesco e-Gift Cards are managed by SVM Global Ltd, Action Court, Coleman Street, Parkgate, Rotherham, S62 6EL, registered in England 6748892. VAT Reg No: 945 0278 19 on behalf of Tesco Personal Finance PLC, trading as Tesco Bank, registered in Scotland No. SC173199 Registered Office: 2 South Gyle, Edinburgh EH12 9FQ.
- For frequently asked questions, please follow this link: www.refer.tescobank.com/faqs
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The Tracking and Validation Process
The Payment of the Reward